In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- So near is falsehood to truth that a wise man would do well not to trust himself on the narrow edge.
- Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.
- We should not be so taken up in the search for truth, as to neglect the needful duties of active life; for it is only action that gives a true value and commendation to virtue.
- As I approve of a youth that has something of the old man in him, so I am no less pleased with an old man that has something of the youth. He that follows this rule may be old in body, but can never be so in mind.
- A sensual and intemperate youth translates into an old worn-out body.
- Nothing contributes to the entertainment of the reader more, than the change of times and the vicissitudes of fortune.