In everything truth surpasses the imitation and copy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.
- So near is falsehood to truth that a wise man would do well not to trust himself on the narrow edge.
- We should not be so taken up in the search for truth, as to neglect the needful duties of active life; for it is only action that gives a true value and commendation to virtue.
- The sinews of war, a limitless supply of money.
- A sensual and intemperate youth translates into an old worn-out body.
- A person who is wise does nothing against their will, nothing with sighing or under coercion.