We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We swallow with one gulp the lie that flatters us, and drink drop by drop the truth which is bitter to us.
- Only a very bad theologian would confuse the certainty that follows revelation with the truths that are revealed. They are entirely different things.
- Pithy sentences are like sharp nails which force truth upon our memory.
- Sentences are like sharp nails, which force truth upon our memories.
- The best doctor is the one you run to and can’t find.
- Impenetrable in their dissimulation, cruel in their vengeance, tenacious in their purposes, unscrupulous as to their methods, animated by profound and hidden hatred for the tyranny of man — it is as though there exists among them an ever-present conspiracy toward domination, a sort of alliance like that subsisting among the priests of every country.