Only the hand that erases can write the true thing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To be right, a person must do one of two things: either he must learn to have God in his work and hold fast to him there, or he must give up his work altogether. Since, however, we cannot live without activities that are both human and various, we must learn to keep God I everything we do, and whatever the job or place, keep on with him, letting nothing stand in our way.
- He who would be serene and pure needs but one thing, detachment.
- If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Prove all things, hold fast to that which is true.
- Funny how people despise platitudes, when they are usually the truest thing going. A thing has to be pretty true before it gets to be a platitude.
- A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.