Only the hand that erases can write the true thing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Man goes far away or near but God never goes far-off; he is always standing close at hand, and even if he cannot stay within he goes no further than the door.
- To be full of things is to be empty of God. To be empty of things is to be full of God.
- He who would be serene and pure needs but one thing, detachment.
- To be sure, this requires effort and love, a careful cultivation of the spiritual life, and a watchful, honest, active oversight of all one’s mental attitudes towards things and people. It is not to be learned by world-flight, running away from things, turning solitary and going apart from the world. Rather, one must learn an inner solitude, where or with whomsoever he may be. He must learn to penetrate things and find God there, to get a strong impression of God firmly fixed on his mind.
- God expects but one thing of you, and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made and let God be God in you.
- Time is what keeps the light from reaching us. There is no greater obstacle to God than time: and not only time but temporalities, not only temporal things but temporal affections, not only temporal affections but the very taint and smell of time.