All necessary truth is its own evidence.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
- The greatest homage we can pay truth is to use it.
- Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
- Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
- Every mind has a choice between truth and repose. Take which you please you can never have both.
- The right merchant is one who has the just average of faculties we call common sense; a man of a strong affinity for facts, who makes up his decision on what he has seen. He is thoroughly persuaded of the truths of arithmetic. There is always a reason, in the man, for his good or bad fortune in making money. Men talk as if there were some magic about this. He knows that all goes on the old road, pound for pound, cent for cent — for every effect a perfect cause — and that good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.