The ultimate aim of the human mind, in all its efforts, is to become acquainted with Truth.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The human face is the organic seat of beauty. It is the register of value in development, a record of Experience, whose legitimate office is to perfect the life, a legible language to those who will study it, of the majestic mistress, the soul.
- Our own theological Church, as we know, has scorned and vilified the body till it has seemed almost a reproach and a shame to have one, yet at the same time has credited it with power to drag the soul to perdition.
- Each of the arts whose office is to refine, purify, adorn, embellish and grace life is under the patronage of a muse, no god being found worthy to preside over them.
- Truth must necessarily be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind and therefore congenial to it.
- In this world, only those people who have fallen to the lowest degree of humiliation, far below beggary, who are not just without any social consideration but are regarded by all as being deprived of that foremost human dignity, reason itself — only those people, in fact, are capable of telling the truth. All the others lie.
- A man that seeks truth and loves it must be reckoned precious to any human society.