Effective thinking consists of being able to arrive at the truth; truth being defined as that which exists.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth. By simply not mentioning certain subjects… totalitarian propagandists have influenced opinion much more effectively than they could have by the most eloquent denunciations.
- Truth lies within ourselves: it takes no rise from outward things, whatever you may believe. There is an inmost center in us all, where truth abides in fullness and to Know rather consists in opening out a way whence the imprisoned splendor may escape than in effecting entry for light supposed to be without.
- The solutions all are simple — after you have arrived at them. But they’re simple only when you know already what they are.
- All these constructions and the laws connecting them can be arrived at by the principle of looking for the mathematically simplest concepts and the link between them.
- For everything exists and not one sigh nor smile nor tear, one hair nor particle of dust, not one can pass away.
- Man is a curious animal. You can hide the truth from him temporarily, but not for ever.