It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead…
- The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
- Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
- The world is indebted for all triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression.
- Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
- I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.