It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
- For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead…
- Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
- I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.
- Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
- Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.