What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Grace is in garments, in movements, in manners; beauty in the nude, and in forms. This is true of bodies; but when we speak of feelings, beauty is in their spirituality, and grace in their moderation.
- Words are like eyeglasses they blur everything that they do not make clear.
- You will not find poetry anywhere unless you bring some of it with you.
- To teach is to learn twice.
- The passions of the young are vices in the old.
- They are like the clue in the labyrinth, or the compass in the night.