Receiving a new truth is like adding a new sense.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The trouble with lying and deceiving is that their efficiency depends entirely upon a clear notion of the truth that the liar and deceiver wishes to hide. In this sense, truth, even if it does not prevail in public, possesses an ineradicable primacy over all falsehoods.
- If ever we hear a case of lying, we must look for a severe parents. A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt as dangerous.
- I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
- Truth is stranger than fiction; fiction has to make sense.
- The more abstract the truth you want to teach, the more thoroughly you must seduce the senses to accept it.
- Man is a curious animal. You can hide the truth from him temporarily, but not for ever.