Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
- Certainly one of the highest duties of the citizen is a scrupulous obedience to the laws of the nation. But it is not the highest duty.
- It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.
- Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
- The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.
- I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.