I have not a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming vices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A wise man does not waste so good a commodity as lying for naught.
- Man is the only creature who has a nasty mind.
- Fortune knocks at every man’s door once in a life, but in a good many cases the man is in a neighboring saloon and does not hear her.
- I could have become a soldier if I had waited; I knew more about retreating than the man who invented retreating.
- If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Duties are not performed for duty’s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty –the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.