Once victim, always victim — that’s the law!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Well: what we gain by science is, after all, sadness, as the Preacher saith. The more we know of the laws and nature of the Universe the more ghastly a business we perceive it all to be — and the non-necessity of it.
- Let me enjoy the earth no less because the all-enacting light that fashioned forth its loveliness had other aims than my delight.
- Ethelberta breathed a sort of exclamation, not right out, but stealthily, like a parson’s damn.
- Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change.
- Dialect words are those terrible marks of the beast to the truly genteel.
- That man’s silence is wonderful to listen to.