One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What law, what reason can deny that gift so sweet, so natural that God has given a stream, a fish, a beast, a bird?
- What is life? A frenzy. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a fiction. And the greatest good is trivial; for all life is a dream and all dreams are dreams.
- These flowers, which were splendid and sprightly, waking in the dawn of the morning, in the evening will be a pitiful frivolity, sleeping in the cold night’s arms.
- A good action is never lost; it is a treasure laid up and guarded for the doer’s need.
- Great is the victory that is gained without bloodshed.
- Victory is a political fiction.