When it comes to the point, really bad men are just as rare as really good ones.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Hell is paved with good intentions, not with bad ones. All men mean well.
- When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. But when they are away, we console ourselves for their absence by dwelling on their vices.
- Suppose the world were only one of God’s jokes, would you work any the less to make it a good joke instead of a bad one?
- The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another.
- The Jews generally give value. They make you pay; but they deliver the goods. In my experience the men who want something for nothing are invariably Christians.
- As for an authentic villain, the real thing, the absolute, the artist, one rarely meets him even once in a lifetime. The ordinary bad hat is always in part a decent fellow.