The object of living is work, experience, and happiness. There is joy in work. All that money can do is buy us someone else’s work in exchange for our own. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it.
- Many people think that by hoarding money they are gaining safety for themselves. if money is your ONLY hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security that a person can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. Without these qualities, money is practically useless.
- If you take all the experience and judgment of men over fifty out of the world, there wouldn’t be enough left to run it.
- Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.
- The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do to more for the betterment of life.
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business.