The responsibility of a writer is to excavate the experience of the people who produced him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We have all had the experience of finding that our reactions and perhaps even our deeds have denied beliefs we thought were ours.
- A platitude is simply a truth repeated till people get tired of hearing it.
- People can cry much easier than they can change.
- It is rare indeed that people give. Most people guard and keep; they suppose that it is they themselves and what they identify with themselves that they are guarding and keeping, whereas what they are actually guarding and keeping is their system of reality and what they assume themselves to be.
- People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
- Words like freedom, justice, democracy are not common concepts; on the contrary, they are rare. People are not born knowing what these are. It takes enormous and, above all, individual effort to arrive at the respect for other people that these words imply.