The responsibility of a writer is to excavate the experience of the people who produced him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Any writer, I suppose, feels that the world into which he was born is nothing less than a conspiracy against the cultivation of his talent.
- Experience is a private, and a very largely speechless affair.
- We have all had the experience of finding that our reactions and perhaps even our deeds have denied beliefs we thought were ours.
- Experience that destroys innocents also leads one back to it.
- An identity would seem to be arrived at by the way in which the person faces and uses his experience.
- People who shut their eyes to reality simply invite their own destruction, and anyone who insists on remaining in a state of innocence long after that innocence is dead turns himself into a monster.