Writers are the main landmarks of the past.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The pen is mightier than the sword.
- What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.
- Youth, with swift feet, walks onward in the way; the land of joy lies all before his eyes.
- Bu is a word that cools many a warm impulse, stifles many a kindly thought, puts a dead stop to many a brotherly deed. No one would ever love his neighbor as himself if he listened to all the Buts that could be said.
- Nine times out of ten it is over the Bridge of Sighs that we pass the narrow gulf from youth to manhood. That interval is usually marked by an ill placed or disappointed affection. We recover and we find ourselves a new being. The intellect has become hardened by the fire through which it has passed. The mind profits by the wrecks of every passion, and we may measure our road to wisdom by the sorrows we have undergone.
- There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of vanity as the application of a rough truth.