Writers are the main landmarks of the past.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The pen is mightier than the sword.
- What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.
- Remorse is the echo of a lost virtue.
- One of the sublimest things in the world is plain truth.
- Nine times out of ten it is over the Bridge of Sighs that we pass the narrow gulf from youth to manhood. That interval is usually marked by an ill placed or disappointed affection. We recover and we find ourselves a new being. The intellect has become hardened by the fire through which it has passed. The mind profits by the wrecks of every passion, and we may measure our road to wisdom by the sorrows we have undergone.
- What mankind wants is not talent; it is purpose.