It’s very hard to be a gentleman and a writer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The writer is more concerned to know than to judge.
- The trouble with young writers is that they are all in their sixties.
- Habits in writing as in life are only useful if they are broken as soon as they cease to be advantageous.
- There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately no one knows what they are.
- What makes old age hard to bear is not the failing of one’s faculties, mental and physical, but the burden of one’s memories.
- Tradition is a guide and not a jailer.