All lovely things will have an ending, All lovely things will fade and die; And youth, that’s now so bravely spending, Will beg a penny by and by.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Youth! There is nothing like youth. The middle-aged are mortgaged to Life. The old are in Life’s lumber-room. But youth is the Lord of Life. Youth has a kingdom waiting for it. Every one is born a king, and most people die in exile.
- How beautiful is youth! how bright it gleams with its illusions, aspirations, dreams! Book of Beginnings, Story without End, Each maid a heroine, and each man a friend!
- Youth, what man’s age is like to be, doth show; We may our ends by our beginnings know.
- A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age.
- Through our great good fortune, in our youth our hearts were touched with fire. It was given to us to learn at the outset that life is a profound and passionate thing.
- A hundred things are done today in the divine name of Youth, that if they showed their true colors would be seen by rights to belong rather to old age.