The oldest books are still only just out to those who have not read them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Everyone should keep a mental wastepaper basket, and the older he grows, the more things will he promptly consign to it.
- Work with some men is as besetting a sin as idleness.
- The three most important things a man has are, briefly, his private parts, his money, and his religious opinions.
- For Wealth are all things that conduce, to one’s destruction or their use. A standard both to buy and sell, all things from heaven down to hell.
- The function of vice is to keep virtue within reasonable bounds.
- A blind man knows he cannot see, and is glad to be led, though it be by a dog; but he that is blind in his understanding, which is the worst blindness of all, believes he sees as the best, and scorns a guide.