Books, like friends, should be few and well chosen. Like friends, too, we should return to them again and again for, like true friends, they will never fail us — never cease to instruct — never cloy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Next to acquiring good friends, the best acquisition is that of good books.
- When the frustration of my helplessness seemed greatest, I discovered God’s grace was more than sufficient. And after my imprisonment, I could look back and see how God used my powerlessness for His purpose. What He has chosen for my most significant witness was not my triumphs or victories, but my defeat.
- When we fail our pride supports us and when we succeed, it betrays us.
- Never join with your friend when he abuses his horse or his wife, unless the one is to be sold and the other to be buried.
- The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility.
- He that is good, will infallibly become better, and he that is bad, will as certainly become worse; for vice, virtue and time are three things that never stand still.