There is no Frigate like a book to take us lands away nor any coursers like a page of prancing Poetry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He ate and drank the precious Words, his Spirit grew robust; He knew no more that he was poor, nor that his frame was Dust.
- Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those we have personality and emotion know what it means to want to escape from these things.
- If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
- Fame is a fickle food upon a shifting plate.
- I like a look of Agony, because I know it’s true — men do not sham Convulsion, nor simulate, a Throe —
- His Labor is a Chant — his Idleness — a Tune — oh, for a Bee’s experience of Clovers, and of Noon!