Never judge a book by its movie.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Many readers judge of the power of a book by the shock it gives their feelings –as some savage tribes determine the power of muskets by their recoil; that being considered best which fairly prostrates the purchaser.
- The novel can’t compete with cars, the movies, television, and liquor. A guy who’s had a good feed and tanked up on good wine gives his old lady a kiss after supper and his day is over. Finished.
- The reason a writer writes a book is to forget a book and the reason a reader reads one is to remember it.
- There is no such thing as a moral book or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. That is all.
- Camerado! This is no book; who touches this touches a man.
- Beware you be not swallowed up in books! An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge.