Books are the money of Literature, but only the counters of Science.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Science is simply common sense at its best–that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.
- The great tragedy of science is the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.
- I know of no department of natural science more likely to reward a man who goes into it thoroughly than anthropology. There is an immense deal to be done in the science pure and simple, and it is one of those branches of inquiry which brings one into contact with the great problems of humanity in every direction.
- No delusion is greater than the notion that method and industry can make up for lack of mother-wit, either in science or in practical life.
- Science is nothing, but trained and organized common sense.
- Irrationally held truths may be more harmful than reasoned errors.