One man is as good as another until he has written a book.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing them.
- Man ceased to be an ape, vanquished the ape, on the day the first book was written.
- A book might be written on the injustice of the just.
- An empty book is like an infant’s soul, in which anything may be written. It is capable of all things, but containeth nothing. I have a mind to fill this with profitable wonders.
- There is no such thing as a moral book or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. That is all.
- A good book is the very essence of a good man. His virtues survive in it, while the foibles and faults of his actual life are forgotten. All the goodly company of the excellent and great sit around my table, or look down on me from yonder shelves, waiting patiently to answer my questions and enrich me with their wisdom. A precious book is a foretaste of immortality.