Everywhere I have sought rest and not found it, except sitting in a corner by myself with a little book.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Love feels no burden, regards not labors, strives toward more than it attains, argues not of impossibility, since it believes that it may and can do all things. Therefore it avails for all things, and fulfils and accomplishes much where one not a lover falls and lies helpless.
- As iron put into the fire loseth its rust and becometh clearly red-hot, so he that wholly turneth himself unto God puts off all slothfulness, and is transformed into a new man.
- When a man is out of sight, it is not too long before he is out of mind.
- Adversities do not make a man frail. They show what sort of man he is.
- Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love.
- By two wings a man is lifted up from things earthly: by simplicity and purity.