A person who publishes a book appears willfully in public with his pants down.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends — it gives a lovely light!
- Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
- Parrots, tortoises and redwoods live a longer life than men do; Men a longer life than dogs do; Dogs a longer life than love does.
- Set the foot down with distrust on the crust of the world — it is thin.
- Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies. Nobody that matters, that is.
- God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on Thy heart.