I’ve never know any trouble than an hour’s reading didn’t assuage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t ask me who’s influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he’s digested, and I’ve been reading all my life.
- Books are divided into two classes, the books of the hour and the books of all time.
- It is from books that wise people derive consolation in the troubles of life.
- There are books so alive that you’re always afraid that while you weren’t reading, the book has gone and changed, has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too, and like a river moved on and moved away. No one has stepped twice into the same river. But did anyone ever step twice into the same book?
- The reason a writer writes a book is to forget a book and the reason a reader reads one is to remember it.
- The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man that can not read them.