I wish I could write a beautiful book to break those hearts that are soon to cease to exist: a book of faith and small neat worlds and of people who live by the philosophies of popular songs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Somebody did a golden deed; Somebody proved a friend in need; Somebody sang a beautiful song; Somebody smiled the whole day long; Somebody thought, ‘Tis sweet to live; Somebody said, I’m glad to give; Somebody fought a valiant fight; Somebody lived to shield the right; Was that somebody you?
- In any situation, ask yourself: What strengths do I possess that can contribute towards accomplishing something in this situation? Then follow through.
- Sticks and stones may break your bones when there’s anger to impart. Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart. Anger is as a stone cast into a wasp’s nest.
- Living the truth in your heart without compromise brings kindness into the world. Attempts at kindness that compromise your heart cause only sadness.
- I have often told you that I am that little fish who swims about under a shark and, I believe, lives indelicately on its offal. Anyway, that is the way I am. Life moves over me in a vast black shadow and I swallow whatever it drops with relish, having learned in a very hard school that one cannot be both a parasite and enjoy self-nourishment without moving in worlds too fantastic for even my disordered imagination to people with meaning.
- The foundation stone of the whole scheme is service. Service to the people, a service that will lighten, brighten, and make more profitable the lives of the majority who do the necessary work of the world.