There is no such thing as a moral book or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. That is all.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame.
- You should study the Peerage, Gerald. It is the one book a young man about town should know thoroughly, and it is the best thing in fiction the English have ever done.
- There is no such thing as morality or immorality in thought. There is immoral emotion.
- I dislike modern memoirs. They are generally written by people who have either entirely lost their memories, or have never done anything worth remembering.
- He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals.
- Really, if the lower orders don’t set us a good example, what on earth is the use of them? They seem, as a class, to have absolutely no sense of moral responsibility.