I thought he was a young man of promise, but it appears he is a young man of promises. [Speaking Of Winston Churchill]
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.
- Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all.
- It is unfortunate, considering that enthusiasm moves the world, that so few enthusiasts can be trusted to speak the truth.
- The General Strike has taught the working class more in four days than years of talking could have done.
- I never forgive, but I always forget.
- He has only half learned the art of reading who has not added to it the more refined art of skipping and skimming.