The boy was as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Ability without honor is useless.
- Ability is a poor man’s wealth.
- The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what a man or woman is able to do that counts.
- He is the best sailor who can steer within fewest points of the wind, and exact a motive power out of the greatest obstacles.
- The abilities of man must fall short on one side or the other, like too scanty a blanket when you are abed. If you pull it upon your shoulders, your feet are left bare; if you thrust it down to your feet, your shoulders are uncovered.
- A genius can’t be forced; nor can you make an ape an alderman.