At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- That must be wonderful; I have no idea of what it means.
- Real nobility is based on scorn, courage, and profound indifference.
- The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind.
- To write is to become disinterested. There is a certain renunciation in art.
- It is impossible to give a clear account of the world, but art can teach us to reproduce it –just as the world reproduces itself in the course of its eternal gyrations. The primordial sea indefatigably repeats the same words and casts up the same astonished beings on the same sea-shore.
- Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time.