People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is not what we learn in conversation that enriches us. It is the elation that comes of swift contact with tingling currents of thought.
- There is nothing in the world so enjoyable as a thorough-going monomania…
- In the stress of modern life, how little room is left for that most comfortable vanity that whispers in our ears that failures are not faults! Now we are taught from infancy that we must rise or fall upon our own merits; that vigilance wins success, and incapacity means ruin.
- It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
- Humor brings insight and tolerance. Irony brings a deeper and less friendly understanding.
- We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.