I am always doing things I can’t do, that’s how I get to do them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We must not discriminate between things. Where things are concerned there are no class distinctions. We must pick out what is good for us where we can find it.
- Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.
- Museums are just a lot of lies, and the people who make art their business are mostly imposters. We have infected the pictures in museums with all our stupidities, all our mistakes, all our poverty of spirit. We have turned them into petty and ridiculous things.
- God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps on trying other things.
- I who have been involved with all styles of painting can assure you that the only things that fluctuate are the waves of fashion which carry the snobs and speculators; the number of true connoisseurs remains more or less the same.
- Youth has no age.