I am acquainted with no immaterial sensuality so delightful as good acting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What an antithetical mind! — tenderness, roughness — delicacy, coarseness — sentiment, sensuality — soaring and groveling, dirt and deity — all mixed up in that one compound of inspired clay!
- I always looked to about thirty as the barrier of any real or fierce delight in the passions, and determined to work them out in the younger ore and better veins of the mine –and I flatter myself (perhaps) that I have pretty well done so –and now the dross is coming.
- The good old times — all times when old are good.
- We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.
- But as to women, who can penetrate the real sufferings of their she condition? Man’s very sympathy with their estate has much of selfishness and more suspicion. Their love, their virtue, beauty, education, but form good housekeepers, to breed a nation.
- Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.