I was born at the age of twelve on a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer lot.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If I’m such a legend, then why am I so lonely? Let me tell you, legends are all very well if you’ve got somebody around who loves you.
- If my daughter, Liza, wants to become an actress, I’ll do everything to help her.
- A lot of what acting is paying attention.
- When I was a fireman I was in a lot of burning buildings. It was a great job, the only job I ever had that compares with the thrill of acting. Before going into a fire, there’s the same surge of adrenaline you get just before the camera rolls.
- The hardest part has been maintaining a small head — remaining down to earth. So many people try to make you more than you are. This business has changed a lot of good people and a lot of good families, and I don’t want that to happen to me.
- The mere mechanical technique of acting can be taught, but the spirit that is to give life to lifeless forms must be born in a man. No dramatic college can teach its pupils to think or to feel. It is Nature who makes our artists for us, though it may be Art who taught them their right mode of expression.