Acting is happy agony.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A person who is keen to shake your hand usually has something up his sleeve.
- In civilized life, where the happiness and indeed almost the existence of man, depends on the opinion of his fellow men. He is constantly acting a studied part.
- The mere mechanical technique of acting can be taught, but the spirit that is to give life to lifeless forms must be born in a man. No dramatic college can teach its pupils to think or to feel. It is Nature who makes our artists for us, though it may be Art who taught them their right mode of expression.
- I love acting. It is so much more real than life.
- I’m disappointed in acting as a craft. I want everything to go back to Orson Welles and fake noses and changing your voice. It’s become so much about personality.
- Why, except as a means of livelihood, a man should desire to act on the stage when he has the whole world to act in, is not clear to me.