The world can only be grasped by action, not by contemplation. The hand is the cutting edge of the mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The hand is the cutting edge of the mind.
- Dissent is the native activity of the scientist, and it has got him into a good deal of trouble in the last years. But if that is cut off, what is left will not be a scientist. And I doubt whether it will be a man.
- The world is full of people who never quite get into the first team and who just miss the prizes at the flower show.
- The values by which we are to survive are not rules for just and unjust conduct, but are those deeper illuminations in whose light justice and injustice, good and evil, means and ends are seen in fearful sharpness of outline.
- Science has nothing to be ashamed of even in the ruins of Nagasaki. The shame is theirs who appeal to other values than the human imaginative values which science has evolved.
- No science is immune to the infection of politics and the corruption of power.