The secret of getting things done is to act!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- None of us are responsible for all the things that happen to us, but we are responsible for the way we act when they do happen.
- Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one’s thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.
- To look is one thing, to see what you look at is another, to understand what you see is a third, to learn from what you understand is still something else, but to act on what you learn is all that really matters! How do I act?
- One mustn’t allow acting to be like stockbroker — you must not take it just as a means of earning a living, to go down every day to do a job of work. The big thing is to combine punctuality, efficiency, good nature, obedience, intelligence, and concentration with an unawareness of what is going to happen next, thus keeping yourself available for excitement.
- What really distinguishes this generation in all countries from earlier generations… is its determination to act, its joy in action, the assurance of being able to change things by one’s own efforts.
- How to gain, how to keep, how to recover happiness is in fact for most men at all times the secret motive o all they do, and of all they are willing to endure.