The self is not something ready-made, but something in continuous formation through choice of action.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We cannot seek or attain health, wealth, learning, justice or kindness in general. Action is always specific, concrete, individualized, unique.
- The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think — rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men.
- Skepticism: the mark and even the pose of the educated mind.
- The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.
- Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination.
- Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. But it has a way of favoring the intelligent and showing its back to the stupid.