I will act as if what I do makes a difference.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
- If you want a trait, act as if you already have the trait.
- Action seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not.
- Do something everyday for no other reason than you would rather not do it, so that when the hour of dire need draws nigh, it may find you not unnerved and untrained to stand the test.
- If you want a quality, act as if you already had it. Try the as if technique.
- No matter how full a reservoir of maxims one may possess, and no matter how good one’s sentiments may be, if one has not taken advantage of every concrete opportunity to act, one’s character may remain entirely unaffected for the better.