Do something everyday for no other reason than you would rather not do it, so that when the hour of dire need draws nigh, it may find you not unnerved and untrained to stand the test.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
- Action seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not.
- I will act as if what I do makes a difference.
- If you want a trait, act as if you already have the trait.
- It is only by risking our persons from one hour to another that we live at all.
- Give up the feeling of responsibility, let go your hold, resign the care of your destiny to higher powers, be genuinely indifferent as to what becomes of it all and you will find not only that you gain a perfect inward relief, but often also, in addition, the particular goods you sincerely thought you were renouncing.