In the final analysis, the questions of why bad things happen to good people transmutes itself into some very different questions, no longer asking why something happened, but asking how we will respond, what we intend to do now that it happened.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I would rather think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to come together and make sense.
- Fun can be the dessert of our lives but never its main course.
- The circumstances of your life have uniquely qualified you to make a contribution. And if you don’t make that contribution, nobody else can make it.
- Write the bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble.
- If you think about it seriously, all the questions about the soul and the immortality of the soul and paradise and hell are at bottom only a way of seeing this very simple fact: that every action of ours is passed on to others according to its value, of good or evil, it passes from father to son, from one generation to the next, in a perpetual movement.
- As one acts and conducts himself, so does he become. The doer of good becomes good. The doer of evil becomes evil. One becomes virtuous by virtuous action, bad by bad action.