That freedom came from inside, from his thoughts, from his soul; and nobody could take that from him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A country which forbids love cannot be loved. Countries like that should never exist.
- While the new Legionnaire man eliminated his enemies in the name of God, with a cross in his hand, the new Communist man eliminated God altogether and stood on His pedestal. They were both equally thirsty for blood.
- The cane leaves a mark on your flesh for a few hours, a day or two. The good answers to the questions leave a mark on your brain for many years, sometimes even for life.
- Man is a curious animal. You can hide the truth from him temporarily, but not for ever.
- Men are free when they are in a living homeland, not when they are straying and breaking away. Men are free when they are obeying some deep, inward voice of religious belief. Obeying from within. Men are free when they belong to a living, organic, believing community, active in fulfilling some unfulfilled, perhaps unrealized purpose. Not when they are escaping to some wild west. The most unfree souls go west, and shout of freedom. Men are freest when they are most unconscious of freedom. The shout is a rattling of chains, always was.
- If I have freedom in my love, And in my soul am free, — Angels alone that soar above, Enjoy such liberty.